85 Powerful Words of Encouragement for Students
- Believe it or not, tough times often quickly dissolve into easier times. You’ve got what it takes to get past a tough time.
- You know why people make mistakes? Because they are willing to see just how far they can push themselves. You don’t know what you’re capable of achieving until you try to achieve it.
- If you fall 10 times, know that you are perfectly capable of standing up 11 times.
- Getting a C or D on a test does not describe you as a person. A test score is simply a happening, not a person.
- You are the only one who can decide how to end your story. Endings aren’t written by circumstances. They are written by people like you.
- Feeling motivated doesn’t always make you feel like you’ve got Superman’s powers. Sometimes, motivation and determination is that quiet but clear voice that tells you tomorrow is another day to try, try and keep trying.
- What’s the hardest assignment you’ve got to finish? Always do that one first because you’ve already completed the easy ones.
- The easiest way to cope with not achieving a goal is to simply accept it. But, tell yourself that you cannot accept it unless you’ve tried to do the best you can do.
- Succeeding at school does not mean never making mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. That’s how we learn and grow. It’s avoiding making the same mistake that gets you closer to your goals. once said that you don’t have to see all the steps of a big staircase. You just have to take that first step to start climbing them.
- If you wait for just the right time to do something, well, that time may never come. In fact, the right time may be right now.
- Have you ever struggled to follow a path in the woods covered with fallen branches and muddy holes and, after working hard to keep following it for a long time, you eventually come to the most beautiful lake you’ve ever seen?
- You know you can do this, right? I know you can. YOU know you can. Well, that means you’re already halfway there. And the last part of anything–a movie, a level in a video game, the last inning of a baseball game–is always the best.
- There are always doors of opportunity opening for you but you’ve got to be the one to decide to go through those doors to see what’s on the other side
- It may seem like some problems don’t have solutions but remember, every solution found was once somebody’s problem
- Opportunities and chances are two entirely different things. Never let chance decide how you are going to achieve your goals.
- What you are capable of doing right now is much more important than thinking of what you are capable of doing
- So you made a mistake–so what? That means you tried to do something nobody else ever tried to do. That makes you
- Have you ever played baseball with your friends and felt a little scared when it came time for you to bat because you were afraid you might strike out? But, you stepped up to the plate, anyway, didn’t you?
- How do you know something is impossible to achieve until you try achieving it?
- Nobody is perfect. Nobody! If everybody was perfect, we wouldn’t be motivated to do anything except sit and think about how perfect we are. Wouldn’t that be boring? You wouldn’t want to show your friends that new bicycle trick you taught yourself if you thought you were perfect.
- Writing the first sentence of that essay is the best way to show yourself you are fully capable of writing the second sentence, and the third sentence, and the fourth sentence.
- Nobody can do everything they want to do but right now, in this moment, you can do anything you want to do.
- Do you know what Kermit the Frog meant when he said “time is fun when you are eating flies”? He was saying that no matter what a frog is doing, they always find fun in doing it.
- You know why they put “delete” keys on a keyboard? Because nobody is perfect. If you don’t like something you’ve done, delete it and move on.
- If you can dream about getting a good grade on a project, you have the ability to make it happen.
- Right now something may seem impossible but once you’ve accomplished that impossible task, it’s now a reality.
- How can you learn to get back on your own two feet if you don’t fall over and over again? Falling teaches you how to get up as fast and capably as possible
- What are the 10 things in your life right now that make you happy? Think about those 10 things. Then start tackling your school work. I guarantee you’ll be smiling.
- You have an endless supply of creativity. The more you use it, the more you’ll have.
- What do you want to be doing 10 years from now? Whatever it is depends on your ability to get things done.
Best Quotes About Selfishness
- ¨ Who wants everything every time will lose everything anytime. ¨- Vikrant Parsai
- ¨ Selfishness is the most unattractive virtue a mortal can possess. ¨ – Suyasha Subedi
- ¨ Selfishness is the greatest challenge for a coach. Most players are more concerned with making themselves better than the team. ¨ – John Wooden
- ¨ Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets, their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming. ¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨ The happiest is the man who is not at all selfish. ¨ – Viveka Vani
- ¨ Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. ¨ – Erich Fromm
- ¨ Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles. ¨- Harry S. Truman
- ¨ The only difference between a hero and a villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. ¨ – Chadwick Boseman
- ¨ While selfishness joins hands with no one of the virtues, benevolence is allied to them all. ¨ – Oliver Goldsmith
- ¨ Selfishness is not living as one wishing to live. It is asking others to live s one wishes to live. ¨ – Oscar Wilde
- ¨ It´s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. ¨- Adrian Grenier
- ¨ Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people. ¨ – Hannah Garrison
- ¨ Remember that life is too precious to be wasted on selfish people who have no desire to help anyone but themselves. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ It is impossible to be both selfish and happy. ¨ – Dark Angel
- ¨ No man is more cheated than the selfish man. ¨ – Henry Ward Beecher
- ¨ The age of selfishness and greed is over. The age of kindness and generosity is underway. ¨ – Laurence Overmire
- ¨ Earth provides enough to satisfy every man´s needs, but not every man´s greed. ¨ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ¨ Having trouble spotting a selfish person? It´s about their schedule, their needs, their hurt feelings, their ideas, their goals, their…¨ – Shannon Thomas
- ¨ The selfish man suffers more from his selfishness than he from whom that selfishness withholds some important benefit. ¨- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ¨ There is only one force stronger than selfishness, and that is stupidity. ¨ – Ellen Glasgow
Related: 100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
Motivational Quotes for High School Students
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
“Education means emancipation. It means light and liberty. It means the uplifting of the soul of man into the glorious light of truth, the light by which men can only be made free.” – Frederick Douglass
“If there is something you care about, make a commitment to do something now- starting with today. And choose to live a meaningful and purpose-driven life where you care about people and issues that are much greater than yourself.” – Evangeline Mitchell
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day. Never lose a holy curiosity. … Don’t stop to marvel.” – Albert Einstein
If childhood is life’s most fun period, the teenage years are probably the most exciting. You get to explore things that you were not allowed to discover when you were younger, and you are exposed to new experiences.
But with that freedom also comes more responsibility. Life becomes bigger, but also more work. Fortunately, every little thing that comes your way is all part of the process. Keep believing in yourself. That way, when you are through your teenage years, you will be equipped to face young adulthood with fervor and valor.
Our last set of quotes include wonderful words of encouragement for college students—those who are ready to take on life’s bigger challenges. It is not easy to step into the first stages of adulthood, but there is no need to worry—you are bound for greatness.
Inspirational Quotes for Students in College
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – Jackson Brown Jr.
“There are those who work all day, those who dream all day, and those who spend an hour dreaming before setting to work to fulfill those dreams. Go into the third category because there’s virtually no competition.” – Steven J. Ross
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.